By

My photo
Muslim. Daughter. Malaysian. Doctor-to be.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Success only comes from Allah

It's a copy-paste article from Productive Muslim newsletter in my inbox.

Success only comes from Allah.

Assalamu’alaikum,

On this very day, over 1400H years ago, the great battle of Badr took place. We all know its story and how Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) granted victory to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and his Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) on that day. But what lessons can we learn from this battle that is relevant to our productivity?

Here’s one lesson I picked up:

After the battle was won, Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) revealed the following verse: “And Allah has already made you victorious at badr, when you were a weak little force. So fear Allah much that you may be grateful”. (Surat Aal-Imran – Verse 123).

This was a reminder to the Muslims that any success or victory is from Allah and Allah alone. They shouldn’t be arrogant and forget the source of their success. Sometimes when you’re super productive and you achieve a great deal in a day, it’s easy to assume that your success comes from your skills or knowledge, but that’s not how a Muslim thinks. A Muslim firmly believes in the verse that “my success (in my task) can only come from Allah…” (Surat Hud, Verse 88)

Finally, please join me on this special day to make dua for our oppressed brothers and sisters in many parts of the world. They are having a difficult Ramadan and the least we can do is make dua for them. I ask Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) with His Might and Power, the One Who granted His Prophet victory on the day of Badr to grant our brothers and sisters victory over their oppressors & all those who wrong them. Ameen. Ameen. Ameen.

p.s: I shared a few more lessons from this special day on ProductiveRamadan.com. Here's the link:
a) in English: http://bit.ly/Badr-English
b) in French: http://bit.ly/Badr-French
c) in Arabic http://bit.ly/Badr

Sincerely,
Abu Productive

The end.


Success only comes from Allah. 
May Allah grant me the best for my deen, my future and my akhirah. 
 
"ya Allah, jadikanlah hambaMu ini hamba yang redha dengan segala keputusan yang telah Engkau tetapkan buatku. Segala yang datang dariMu adalah yang terbaik buatku dariMu. "

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ameen.
prayg 4 the best.

Followers